The study guide is provided to guide you through the course material in a step by step format.
This course, based on the first half of J.K.Lasser's #1 bestseller Your Income Tax, reviews personal income tax rules for. This text is a proven, accessible resource with important strategies, useful recommendations and of course, all the latest tax law changes.
Course material is the first half of JK Lasser's Your Income Tax. The cost of the text and free shipping is included in the price.
Course level: Basic
Advanced preparation: None
Teaching method: Text and exam
Summary of Contents:
The objective of this course is to review the following areas of federal income tax for individuals:
- Filing Status
- Taxable Wages, Salary and Other Compensation
- Fringe Benefits
- Dividend and Interest Income Reporting
- Property Sales
- Tax-Free Exchanges of Property
- Retirement and Annuity Income
- Income from Rents and Royalties
- Loss Restrictions
- Other Income
- Deductions Allowed in Figuring AGI
- Claiming the Standard Deduction or Itemized Deductions
- Charitable Contribution Deductions
- Itemized Deduction for Interest Expenses
- Deductions for Taxes
- Medical and Dental Expense Deductions